Monday, September 11, 2006

Im in a Band!!

I chose to respond to the idea that if i were in a band, how would i distribute my music without a record company, but still be compensated for my work.
Well if I was in a band and there were no record comapnies like there are today, I would have to do all the work myself. Record companies are primarily responsible for producing and promoting the albums, but without them I would have to take on those responsibilities. This is exactly how many bands today, also known as "underground bands", get started. They must do the work themselves in order to be recognized. I would use the tactics they use to get their big break. I would estblish myself in well populated areas and get my music to the public.

I would perform in front of crowds, initially for free, and then move on to selling my album that I recorded with the help of someone I hired to help make the CD. I would sell them from town to town, so I could still get my music out there, yet still be able to make some money off of it. The most important part is to get the music to the public in order to become recognized. Although there are many ways to become a hit group, it does involve taking chances. If my band felt confident enough to become successful, I would probably invest as much money as we needed to produce a quality album. We would need to promote ourselves through many different forms of media, such as posters, concerts, and the internet, especially sources like myspace. Through much hard work and patience, we could only hope to make it big. A lot of success depends on how society responds to the music that is produced. Therefore, we could only hope for the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home